A projector comes with features that allow it to be viewed on any surface. The projector’s screen size can be adjusted easily. It produces much larger images and delivers a theatre-like experience. Customizing image size is easy and quick when it is in use and its cost-per-inch is much lower than that of TV. The reflected light from the projector is less straining and more comfortable. It delivers great images for easy viewing. So, let’s compare the Epson 2030 vs 2040, and choose which is better.
The Epson 2030 is a unique projector that delivers cinematic adventures when it is used. With this, you can enjoy Full HD 1080p performance in 3D or 2D. It produces rich and brilliant images, and it also comes with a superb built-in sound. The Epson 2040 offers Full HD 1080p entertainment with 3x higher color brightness. It delivers vibrant images in which you can enjoy your games, movies, and more. The Epson 2040 has a convenient setup tool and an in-built speaker.
The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 come with a Full 1080p HD widescreen resolution display. This resolution display offers seamless picture quality with crisp and clear detail. Their color processing is 10 bit and it has a 3-Dimensional or 2-Dimensional Picture display.
Both projectors come with a similar style and shape. They have an Aspect ratio of 16:9 widescreen. Both projectors also come with a throw ratio range of 1.22 to 1.47 and color reproduction of 1.07 billion colors. The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 have a pixel number of 2073600 dots and a projection system of 3LCD which offers amazing action scenes with no rainbow color effect. They have a noise level of between 29 dB to 37 dB and case color of white and gray. Both projectors are light-weighted and easy to carry, they’re also ideal for travel or to quickly move from one room to another. The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 both weigh 6.4 lb.
The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 can connect to other devices using the HDMI, VGA input, RCA (Composite video input), RCA (Audio input), Audio output (3.5mm jack), and USB. With this, you can connect your cable box, gaming console, Blu-ray Disc player, and stream comfortably.
They have a built-in Mono speaker for providing superb sound quality whenever it is used. The sound quality offers an enjoyable cinematic experience.
The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 have unique video capability, you can use video mode like NTSC, PAL, and SECAM. Both devices are also compatible with a PC and a Mac.
Both projectors have an F-number of between 1.58 to 1.72 and a focal length of between 16.9 to 20.28 mm. The zoom ratio of both devices is 1.2x and they have a lens shift of vertical +/- 30% and horizontal of +/- 30%.
They come with a lamp type of 200 W UHE and keystone correction of vertical +/- 30 degrees (auto) and horizontal +/- 30 degrees (Slide bar). Remote control is included in their packages and they also come with security features like password protection and Kensington lock. The methods of projecting both devices are front, ceiling mount, and rear. These projections can be used for comfortable viewing.
The Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 both come with a 2-year warranty.
|3 LCD Technology||Yes||Yes|
|Projected Output||2D, 3D, Full HD 1080p||2D, 3D, Full HD 1080p|
|Color and White brightness||2000 lumens||2200 lumens|
|Contrast ratio||15,000 : 1||35,000 : 1|
|Focal length||16.9 – 20.28 mm||16.9 – 20.28 mm|
|Connector||HDMI, VGA, RCA, Audio 3.5mm Jack, and USB||HDMI, VGA, RCA, Audio 3.5mm Jack, and USB|
Both the Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040 have more similar features compared to their differences. The differences between both projectors are discussed below.
- Epson 2030: This projector features 2000 lumens of color brightness and 2000 lumens of white brightness. It also comes with a contrast ratio of up to 15,000:1.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 comes with a color brightness of 2200 lumens and white brightness of 2200 lumens. It also has a contrast ratio of up to 35,000:1.
- Epson 2030: This projector comes with a lamp life (normal mode) of 5000 and a lamp life (eco mode) of 6000.
- Epson 2040: The projector has a lamp life (normal mode) of 4000 hours and a lamp life (eco mode) of 7500.
- Epson 2030: The Epson 2030 has an including feet dimension of (11.69 (W) x 9.72 (D) x 4.25 (H)) inches and excluding feet dimension (11.69 (W) x 9.72 (D) x 4.13 (H)) inches.
- Epson 2040: The Epson comes with an including feet dimension of (11.69 (W) x 9.65 (D) x 4.69 (H)) inches and excluding feet dimension of (11.69 (W) x 9.80 (D) x 4.49 (H)) inches.
- Epson 2030: It comes with a 2W mono speaker and a projected distance of 34 – 328 inches. It has a power consumption of 307W and it comes with an RS232 (DB 9 pin) connector.
- Epson 2040: This Epson 2040 has a 5W mono speaker and a projected distance of 34 – 332 inches. The projector has a power consumption of 285W and it doesn’t have an RS232 (DB 9 pin) connector.
Pros and Cons
Before our final verdict, we will go over a few pros and cons of the Epson 2030 and the Epson 2040.