A projector displays quality images and can be used at home, school, offices, or for entertainment purposes. The projector produces much larger images and its screen size can be adjusted easily to what you need. It is durable, uniquely designed, and great to use. The reflected light from the projector is less straining and more comfortable and delivers a theatre-like experience. So, let’s compare the Benq ht2050 and the Epson 2040, and choose which is better.
The Benq ht2050 is a unique projector that utilizes optimal color to deliver the most accurate and enhanced images. This projector also delivers incredible image performance that is clear and well detailed. The Epson 2040 offers Full HD 1080p entertainment with adequate color brightness. It delivers vibrant images in which you can enjoy your games, movies, and more. The Epson 2040 has a quality in-built speaker and noise level.
Benq ht2050 vs Epson 2040 – Similarities
The BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 both have an Aspect ratio of 16:9 widescreen. They have a color and white brightness of 2200 lumens and color reproduction of 1.07 billion colors. Both projectors are light-weighted and easy to move around.
Both projectors come with a 1920 x 1080 native 1080p HD widescreen resolution display; HD 2D, 3D.
The BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 can connect to other devices using the HDMI, RCA (Composite video input), RCA (Audio input), Audio output (3.5mm jack), Mini USB, and USB.
The BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 have video modes like NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 3D. Both devices are also compatible with a PC and a Mac.
Other similar features
Both devices come with a remote control and security features like password protection and Kensington lock. They come with methods of projecting which are front, ceiling mount, and rear
Side By Side Comparison
|Total weight||7.27 pounds||6.4 pounds|
|3 LCD Technology||No||Yes|
|Projected Output||HD, 2D, 3D, Full HD 1080p||HD, 2D, 3D, Full HD 1080p|
|Color and White brightness||2200 lumens||2200 lumens|
|Contrast ratio||15000:1||35,000 : 1|
|Focal length||16.88 – 21.88 mm||16.9 – 20.28 mm|
|Connector||HDMI, VGA, RCA, Audio 3.5mm Jack, Mini USB, and USB||HDMI, VGA, RCA, Audio 3.5mm Jack, Mini USB, and USB|
Differences Between Benq ht2050 and Epson 2040
The differences between the BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 projectors are discussed below.
- BenQ ht2050: This projector comes with a DLP projection system. The DLP system delivers rich blackness and increases contrast. It comes with a pixel number of 8,300,000 and a contrast ratio of 15000:1. The projector also has a Throw ratio range of 1.15 – 1.5.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 projector has a 3LCD, 3-chip technology projection system. It comes with a pixel number of 2073600 and a contrast ratio of 35000:1. The projector has a throw ratio range of 1.22 – 1.47.
- BenQ ht2050: It comes with a lamp type of 240 W and a lamp life of Normal mode of 3500 hours, ECO mode of 5000 hours, and Smart Eco Mode of 6000 hours.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 projector comes with a lamp type of 200W and a lamp life of Normal mode of 4000 hours and an ECO mode of 7500 hours.
- BenQ ht2050: This projector comes with an F-number of 2.59 – 2.87 and a focal length of 16.88 – 21.88 mm. This projector has a lens shift of vertical +10% and a zoom ratio of 1.0 – 1.3.
- Epson 2040: It comes with an F-number of 1.58 – 1.72 and a focal length of 16.9 – 20.28 mm. The zoom ratio of this projector is 1.0 – 1.2.
- BenQ ht2050: The BenQ ht2050 comes with an in-built mono speaker. The speaker has a power of 10W.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 also has an in-built mono speaker but it comes with 5W speaker power.
Read next – Epson 2045 vs 2040: Which Home Theater Projectors are Better?
- BenQ ht2050: It comes with a keystone correction (manual) of vertical +/- 40 degrees and a remote operating distance of 19 ft.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 comes with a keystone correction (manual) of +/- 30 degrees and vertical +/- 30 degrees. It has a remote operating distance of 19.7 ft.
- BenQ ht2050: The BenQ ht2050 comes with a noise level of 29 dB – 27 dB and a dimension of (14.9 (W) x 10.9 (D) x 4.8 (H)) inches. It weights 7.27 pounds.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 comes with a noise level of 29 dB – 37 dB. It comes with an including feet dimension of (11.69 (W) x 9.65 (D) x 4.69 (H)) inches and excluding feet dimension of (11.69 (W) x 9.80 (D) x 4.49 (H)) inches. The projector comes with a weight of 6.4 pounds.
Read next – BenQ W1070 vs HT2050: Which Home Theater Projectors are Better?
- BenQ ht2050: The BenQ ht2050 comes with a warranty of 1-year.
- Epson 2040: The Epson 2040 has a 2-year warranty.
Read next – Epson 2030 vs 2040: Which Home Theater Projectors are Better?
Pros and Cons
Before our final verdict, we will go over a few pros and cons of the BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040.
- The projector is lightweight and versatile.
- It has a quiet operation.
- Its picture depth is really good.
- The lamp life is a bit short.
- It comes with superb sound and longer lamp life.
- It is affordable to buy.
- It offers adequate color brightness.
- The projector’s focus and zoom are not great.
The BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 are great projectors delivering the best images when they’re used. They have sufficient color and white brightness and color reproduction. Both projectors come with a 1920 x 1080 native 1080p HD widescreen resolution display with HD 2D, 3D display. They have great video compatibility and security features. The BenQ ht2050 and the Epson 2040 projectors are light-weighted and can be used anywhere.
After considering their features, we decided to choose the Epson 2040 as the better option. The Epson 2040 projector has a better lamp lifespan and focal length. It has a better keystone correction and it’s light-weighted to use. The color brightness of this great and it comes with a 3-chip technology that has no rainbow effect. Its resolution is excellent for gaming, project presentation, movie watching, and online streaming.